1 big turnip
¾ cup of fresh raw cashews
¼ cup of hemp
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
juice ½ lemon
1 tsp salt
½ cup of water
⅓ cup of aqua faba (liquid of the chickpea cane)
1 tbsp of grape seed oil
a dozen black olives
a handful of flaked almonds
1. Soak cashews and hemp in water for 2 hours.
2. Using a spiralizer, make small turnip noodles. Make sure to cut the ends straight before making the noodles.
3. In a high speed blender, add cashew, hemp, yeast, lemon, salt and water. Mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Decrease the speed and gradually incorporate the aqua faba until emulsion.
4. Cut the fennel into thin slices on the vertical. Slice the olives.
5. Heat the grape seeds oil, add the fennel and the olives. Brown until browning of the fennel.
6. Boil a pot of water, add the turnip noodles, blanch for 5 minutes. Drain.
7. In a bowl, combine turnips and sauce. Place on plates, add fennel, olives and almonds.
***Recipe created in collaboration with Chef Chloé Ostiguy of the restaurant L'Archipel***